Most disappointingly, I neglected to snap some shots of us at the best breakfast taco place ever. I'll admit, that breakfast taco was a highlight of my trip. I think B would vote hunting as his main highlight, but since I associated frostbite of my digits with our early morning hunts this trip, Margarita's was the obvious fave for me. Anyway, if you haven't been there, you're missing out.
Working on the feeder. That's my man!
Brian, will you please take a break from replacing feeder batteries, filling the feeders, and fixing things to snap a pic of me looking like I'm doing something? Of course he did. :)
Celeb Sighting! Or Was It?
Margarita's was closed New Year's Day-I almost left on the spot and headed home. B was sure we could find another breakfast place. I, however, had been to CC before and was waaaayyyy doubtful.
Alas, we found a little restaurant next to HEB. Right away I noticed a middle-aged white man who was wearing sunglasses and sitting by himself. We sat near him and visited about hunting. He told us he has a place nearby and he showed us lots of pics of game on his phone, which was not, by the way, an iPhone.
He looked a bit like Toby Keith and I immediately decided he must be someone famous; you know, since he was wearing sunglasses inside and all. He even had that rugged look.
I was sure he'd bought his little escape way down in S TX (16 years ago, he told us) to get away from the limelight that follows the famous. I doubt even the most dedicated/desperate of paparazzi would brave brush country.
While he and B continued to talk, I tried to stare without looking like I was; see if the light would hit his glasses just right so I could get a look behind them. Can you believe that after all these years of reading People magazine, I still couldn't peg him?
When he said, "There isn't a thing in these parts that would keep a cow alive," I was certain he must be famous. This area was built on ranching. Everybody knows that.
We shook his hand as we got up to leave and he introduced himself as Sean Patrick. Flanery??? I googled him as we left and I don't think so. I still think he was famous, even though he had an old-style flip phone. B still rolls his eyes when I bring it up. Maybe we'll run into him again and I'll just ask. Because they love it when you do that.
2 comments:
OMGosh Barbara Ann. Have I not taught you better than that? You should have asked him. I would love to meet Toby keith and hear him in person. I honestly think he is one of the most creative writers in country music these days. Love you and Oh by the way, since Luke's haircut, where is our baby?? Love you,
Aunt kathey
Finally some blogging about the hunt, but where are the deer pictures?
Mike
Post a Comment