I thought I should post some of Jack's "tricks" before I forget and they become old news.
The little guy's got a great sense of humor. When he was young (think a month or two) he would just give us this weird, serious kind of look-You know, the 'surely I was switched at birth' look-while we made multiple attempts to get him to smile. Brian, very serious and somewhat concerned, asked me, "Do you think he'll ever have a sense of humor?"
Luckily he soon hit the developmental milestone of smiling and has been rapidly advancing in that department ever since. The boy will crack himself up over just about anything. We LOVE his sense of humor...and in our household, it's pretty much a necessity!
Jack now has a list of words he uses regularly. Here are some of them: dah dee (Daddy), mama, tractor (his favorite word by far), horse, JoJo, Tess, Jack, Chance, Khh (Kaydie-we're working on it!), snack, drink, mo (more), book, bird, moo, buh buh (bye-bye), and duck.
Both grandmothers insist he's had a lot of these words for a while now, but I was hesitant to give the boy credit. Now I know he's really saying them and using them appropriately. I do agree with Kaydie and JoJo that he's understood pretty much everything we say for quite some time now.
The boy is super-easy, which I have always appreciated and never taken for granted. From the time he turned one he has eagerly headed to his room for both nap time and bedtime when I ask, "Are you ready for a recharge (or bed)?" Too cute!
These Make Me Smile and/or Melt My Heart:
-He always gives me sugar and says, "nigh buh" before bed.
-When Brian gets home he runs to the door saying, "Dah dee, Dah dee!"
-Yesterday he fell into his toy box trying to reach a toy and then just sat up and played in it for a while. :)
-He loves being outside...a boy after my own heart.
-He goes to bed (willingly and without fussing) in a cheerful mood and wakes up the same way...usually around 8:30 or 9:00. (I know, I'm spoiled.)
-He "talks" constantly; at home, in the car, in his crib in the morning...someday we'll understand what he's saying!
-He'll share some of his food, but never an ice cream sandwich.
-His favorite spot in the evening is on Brian's lap.
-His MDO teachers describe him as "cheerful".
-He laughs about almost anything and can crack himself up quite easily. Have I mentioned that we love this?!
-He loves tractors of any type and mowers and especially loves riding with Brian on our mower (not while mowing, of course).
We absolutely adore our sweet boy! What a wonderful year and a half it's been having him here. :) I'll stop gushing now, but since I've slacked on the baby book (and before he enters the Terrible Twos), I thought I should post these soon-to-be memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment