Wednesday, October 21, 2009

34+ Weeks!

I had my weekly appointment this morning and there has been no change...except for the fact that I and BB are both larger than we were last week. Dr. Smith says he's happy about me gaining weight. Glad someone is!

Over the past week I've had significantly fewer contractions than I have since this whole "situation" began several weeks ago, so that's good.

Thirty-four weeks is a significant milestone since most babies born at or after 34 weeks do well, with little or no time spent in the NICU. We are so thankful to have reached this point and hope to keep BB in for at least a couple more weeks.

The plan is still the same. I'll stop taking my drug (brethine) on November 2nd and be free to resume my normal activity. Yea! Dr. Smith says it is equally possible for me to go full term only to have to be induced or go into labor soon after stopping the meds. I'm hoping for a couple of weeks to catch up on all I've not been able to do over the past few weeks...and to get moved in to our new house. Get this: Our move date is November 14th. Ha! Who planned this???

I will not go see my doctor next week, as he'll be out of town. So, I suppose I'll have to be good and really take it easy. :) My next appointment is November 3rd. Hopefully there will be no need for an update before then.

Once again, thank you for all the prayers, food, and offers to help. God is so good!

1 comment:

Leigh T said...

Hooray! I have been cyber stalking your blog and am grateful for an update. Enjoy your last two weeks of relaxing! :)