Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Should've Taken a Picture

Jack's friend, Davis, stayed with us for a few hours today. Both boys were so good and played really well for a while. Shortly after the hour and a half mark, one hit the other on the head with a stacking toy (naturally, this caused both of them to start crying) and I decided a trip outside was in order.

I announced we were heading outside and they got super excited. Out we went.

Within 15 minutes (and in this order exactly), they had played in the Rubbermaid containers of water I'd set out, each dumped a newly filled dog water bowl down his front, each fall in the dirt (which only covers about 1/100th of our backyard...the rest is grass-covered), spread all of their toys across the entire yard, and were pretty much ready to head back in.

I should have taken a picture of them in their water-soaked clothes, covered in mud and grass. Missed opportunity.

In we headed to the tub, which needed a cleaning itself when we were through. Again, I should have taken a picture.

They have been so good and really enjoyed playing together. Next week Jack will stay at Davis' house for a few hours while I go on a day trip. Maybe Jill will take some pics of their adventures.

No comments: