He ate ice cream sandwiches with JoJo and went to the splash park with Kaydie.Gran and Bepe drove over to visit Jack and JoJo on Thursday for a while. We got two super cute pics, but I haven't been able upload them. I'll have to get Brian on that.
Brian and I stayed at a beautiful B&B on 150 acres near Sisterdale.
When we got there we immediately headed to the pool, which is on a hill overlooking the property. So, one side of the pool is literally a ledge with steps on the side leading down to the area below. Absolutely beautiful, especially in daylight. Anyway, it was after dark and Brian insisted on leaving all of the lights off so that we could enjoy the stars and moon without 'light pollution.' That was nice.
As we were leaving I noticed that one of our cups had fallen into the pool. I walked around the edge of the pool to get it, forgetting about that beautiful ledge, and walked right off, catching the 4th step, maybe, and falling all the way down to my knees. Luckily the ledge caught me. Really, I guess I should say luckily I didn't break anything. I did pause for a moment to take inventory of my battered body (and to blame Brian, of course). All I have to show for it are a few bruises and scrapes on my leg and one random minor wrist injury.
And then...the next morning we were at Enchanted Rock where I (as well as a lady in her 70s...yes, seriously) slid on some loose gravel and practically did the splits. (The older lady was fine, too.)
Here are some pics from our trip.
The Pool...nice to be lounging by it rather than falling over the edge.
Resident Llama
I was ready (and maybe hoping) to catch a spitting scene on camera, but none unfolded.
Enchanted Rock
The Cave Without a Name
Back in the early 1900s a contest was held to name the cave. A young boy said that it was too pretty to name, so it became The Cave Without a Name.
Sister Creek Winery where Brian participated in a wine tasting. We also got a tour of the winery.
Wildseed Farm
1 comment:
your time away looks wonderful!! so glad you were able to go. you are looking great!!
Post a Comment