Brian and I have spent a lot of time with them over the years, especially in college, but have not been able to 'play' at their ranch as often as we'd like for the past couple of years. Now that Jack is old enough, we'll make up for lost time. Yea!!! The day I've been waiting for!
Of course, they have everything a boy could want; horses, cattle, chickens, geese, a couple of dogs, and, perhaps most important, plenty of wide open space. Oh, and let's not forget the dirt.
The pic above is of our horse, Georgia. you can tell she's living the life...fat, happy, and has only been ridden a few times over the past 2 years. Get ready, Georgia, because after Baby Bowers arrives, I'm back in the saddle!
When we arrived on Friday, Mr. Peters and Jeff were working a herd of steers. So we headed into the pens to help out. Jack was so interested in the cattle and not scared at all. It was difficult to get a pic of him standing and watching the cattle since he constantly tried to walk right up to the herd. Glad he's not scared, but I really had to watch him.
Jack and Jeff (on Bullet) heading back from returning the cattle to their pasture. This was Jack's first horseback ride and he seemed to enjoy the experience. Thanks, Jeff!
No comments:
Post a Comment