I picked these four little chickens shortly before picking up the boys from school today.
I'd selected a smaller cage in which to transport them rather than my usual one (pictured here) and was feeling all nostalgic about it and getting my chickens since it had belonged to my Grandaddy who would've loved our little farm.
I grew up spending time at his farm and knew he'd appreciate me using his little cage today. (insert butterflies and rainbows)
SK and I picked them up and headed to the school to pick up J & L.
Just as I turned out of the school drive through the cage came open and the chickens escaped INSIDE MY CAR.
Lots of screaming by both fowl & children ensued. The chickens took flight in terror.
“Feathers EVERYWHERE!,” yelled one boy while the other frantically tried to replace them and the four-year-old screamed for the sake of screaming.
We arrived at Sonic several minutes later where one tried to fly out my window and do you know how slowly electric windows roll up when you really need them to be fast?
The next several minutes involved the boys catching a couple of the chickens, the back of the cage falling off again and again, someone shouting, "How many chickens are there?" and me squeezing out of my door between the kiosk and car and then almost making the grave mistake of opening the back of my car to fix the cage. So I just stood at the back of my car for a bit, trying not to think about the messiness of what was going on.
All's well that ends well and this fiasco ended with all four chickens caged and half price milkshakes so I think that's a win overall.
Shout out to my boys who are expert chicken wranglers and were able to capture and contain all birds safely with no injuries and minimal contamination to my car.
Welcome to the funny farm, chickies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment