A couple of weeks ago we did a 4 hour float on a stretch of the river in Comfort.
We had plenty of time, our rods, and beautiful weather. The perfect recipe for a fun afternoon float!
J caught a little fish and he's taking the fly out in this pic.
SK usually rides with me and enjoyed being my hood ornament this trip.
She makes a good little river rat! :)
We hit one pool that had so many fish; catfish, gar, bass, and carp. It was very exciting to be able to see them all.
L tore it up with his fly rod. Check out the brightly colored eye on this fish.
Giving him a once over and discussing a release spot
Thankfully it was only about 2 minutes before we got to our takeout spot (where we'd parked my car before heading back up river in the truck to put in) that I realized with that terrible feeling that I'd put my purse with my keys in it into the truck. Four miles up river. Right before dark. And we were on a dead end road.
I got my kayak out first, contemplating how Hots would take this news, and just then an old truck with a couple of guys inside pulled up. Now I don't think of myself as judgmental but I will say I cautiously made some observations and these observations included head and neck tattoos across the board and the fact that two grown men were parked on a dead end road right before dark.
I said hello as I waited for Hots and the boys. He took it pretty well and just marched right up and asked the guys for a ride leaving the kids and me with the kayaks and no phone (also in my purse).
The wait wasn't too long and no other vehicles came down that road while we waited.
When Hots returned in his truck I breathed a sigh of relief and it did cross my mind that those guys just might've been angels due to their timing and their willingness to give a complete stranger a ride. And just because head and neck tattoos may be a little intimidating to me, I have no reason to believe God has any issues with them. Perhaps it's just part of their uniform. ;)
Fun, fun afternoon and we're looking forward to our next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment