Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Last Tuesday

Don't be jealous, but...
...the three of us hit the sheep and goat sale in Fredericksburg on Tuesday and had an absolute blast.

#justprovingitpossibletobeacrazychickenladyandacrazygoatgirl

They sell about 3,000 head every week, making it the largest sheep and goat sale in the state.

I've spent time at the sale barn from childhood through college and this was exactly the same as I remembered it from way back when.  Except that I'd only been to cattle sales before moving to sheep and goat country last year.

Being there made me all nostalgic.  :)

The ranchers (for the most part) still all look old, the smell of the room is familiar as is the way the animals are moved through the auction ring.  Can't smoke in there these days, but that was the only noticeable difference.

As a child I loved to go to the sale and got to go a few times with Grandaddy, Dad, and Mr. Mills (my best friend, Jennifer's dad).  In college Hots and I loved going with Mr. Peters and Tracy  who introduced us to sale barn "dinner" (because "lunch comes in sack," according to Mr. Peters).

Those sale barn dinners are some of the best meals I've had and I will tell you that fried chicken day is the day to go, hands down, just in case I've peaked your interest.  Unfortunately meatloaf was on the menu that day-and I don't do meat in a loaf-so we found a great dining alternative in town.  

I'm looking forward to our next visit!

No comments: