Really???
Dot got stuck in 3 different locations in the fence 3 different times in two days.Since she's our favorite we rigged up this fancy new headgear* to
Hots used it as a handle when she jumped into the feed bucket he was carrying night-before-last. I wish I'd had my video camera out. Half of her body was somehow completely inside of the bucket and she took it all the way to the ground. It was hilarious.
While we're on the topic of hilarity, Grandmama was here watching SK so Mom and I could work on the fence and get Dot all rigged up. We cut the pipe, wrestled with Dot to get it taped on, let her go and watched as she walked directly over to our feeder and easily-I mean like she was born with the thing on her head-maneuvered her whole head + horns + seconds old headgear through the railing on the side. No problem.
Grandmama witnessed the whole thing and was beside herself so much so that I thought she may have to sit down. It was a great laugh!
Two other goats have also gotten their head stuck but the boys have implemented their own method of dissuasion (unbeknownst to them).
The first one occurred before we'd even turned them out to pasture. There was one cattle panel-ONE-with 6 inch squares leaning against the barn in which one got stuck. This is bad since it can't be clipped like wire.
L came running to the house one morning during their before school goat check and yelled, "Momma!!! A goat is stuck in the fence!!! But don't wowy, Jack's petting it to calm it down."
Oh, I'm sure that was just what the goat needed to calm her nerves.
She hasn't gotten stuck since.
Another one got stuck right beside Dot in our garden fence the next day so I made sure she got lots of 2 on 1 time from the boys. They petted her and petted her some more.
She hasn't been spotted near the garden again.
*Special thanks to Mr. Mills for teaching me this all those years ago when Jennifer and I had our pygmy goat and fainting goat herd. Pretty nifty!

No comments:
Post a Comment