There's a cool ravine on our property that has obviously been carved out over many, many years by water. (I'd love to know over how many years.)
It is about 9 feet deep and though we've seen water seeping and ferns growing out of the sides of it, it doesn't hold water. But after all this rain we have had, it did make a nice little waterfall. We had decided to hike down to it after working all day and Hots heard running water as we got close.
The photos don't show it well at all since I was so excited and trying not to fall in while trying to capture it with my phone.
The distance from the edge (which is right behind that middle tree limb) to the pool is about 9 feet.
The water was very cool and crystal clear. I know my Grandaddy would've loved it. :)
The boys and I found some really interesting worms swimming in the water above the drop off.
Family Photo! (SK was napping & I was trying not to fall over backwards.)I know the boys & SK will spend lots of time at the ravine over the years. So much to explore!
No comments:
Post a Comment