Sweet J turned 6 today!
Before bed last night (when I was telling him I thought maybe we should cancel his birthday since I'm not really okay with him growing up so fast) he mentioned that his teacher's little boy "got to find his presents" on his birthday morning.
Here he is reading (Woo-hoo!) the list. :)
First one down!
By this time, L was up and ready to join the hunt.
Waiting to open them...
The Birthday Breakfast
Since we were ahead of schedule this morning-a true anomaly-there was some time to play a new game.
I also hijacked my friend Jennifer's idea of using this little chalkboard to document important dates and I'm certain you'll see it often now. :)
J already has to squat down by it so the info can be read since he's so tall.He's passed the 4' mark and is into Star Wars, fighting (fighting moves, that is), soccer, and the boy loves to sing.
L, S, and I headed to J's school, cupcakes in tow, for an afternoon birthday celebration with J's class. He was living it up in that b-day hat his teacher had given him!
When Daddy got home from work we hit "Chunky Cheese," (as L appropriately calls it) with some of our best buddies.
It was the perfect party place for kiddos this age and we played a few games, too.
N & LIn race mode
L & M
M, J, & L
Someone had to hold S. :)
The Birthday Boy & Me!
Posing w/ "Chunky"
L, Grandmama, & J
Grandmama & J
His only other request was to get in the ticket booth.
Finally got his technique down!
Success!
As I say every year, I cannot believe how time has flown. We're blessed by and so proud of our sweet J and look forward to seeing what God has for him in the future. We love you, sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment