Tuesday, December 17, 2013

L's 4 Year Check Up

L had his dreaded 4-yr-old checkup this morning.  I say dreaded since it's the 3 shot checkup (apparently down from the 4 J got last year).  

Our big boy weighs 38 lbs and is 43 in tall.  Here he is having his blood pressure taken.
Ever since he got his flu vx last year (he was either barely 3 years old or still 2) and didn't cry he's maintained proudly, "I don't cwy when I get shots."
He assured me again on the way to the doctor's office today that he doesn't "cwy" when he gets shots, so he wouldn't "cwy" today.  I told him I almost cried when I got my pertussis vx at Kroger last week and that lots of people cry when they get shots, trying to pave the way for his sure-to-come tears.  What child doesn't cry when they get multiple shots?

Hearing Test
Here he is clowning around while waiting for Dr. H.  I asked him to smile for the camera and here's what I got:




And what do ya know?  The boy took all 3 shots without so much as a flinch.  Proud, proud momma, anyway, but that was impressive!

No comments: