Saturday, September 21, 2013

Proud to be an Aggie

Hots and I had the opportunity to attend the Aggie game today (which should now read last weekend) thanks to a very generous person who gave us two tickets on the 50 yard line on the second deck,  alumni sidein the shade.  Seriously.  And, it was THE game of the season.
I put on my big girl clothes-literally-and we hiked it in from Hots' college neighborhood behind Northgate.  Campus was CRAZY with all the people and there were over 87,000 people in Kyle Field for the game.

If only we'd have won, it would've been perfect, but, unfortunately, we ran out of time.  The first 7 minutes were spectacular, followed by not much-unless you count the numerous touchdowns by Alabama-and then an exciting last 2 minutes.

Another highlight:  I got my stadium corn dog.

The last time I attended an Aggie game was when I was 8 mos pregnant with L.  I'd had a corn dog in mind for days beforehand and made myself wait until halftime to get one.  This following is an exact account of what happened.

I approached sprinted toward the corn dog stand shortly before halftime, stepping on small children & throwing elbows along the way.  I hardly noticed the one girl in front of me; the only thing standing between my corn dog & me.  As the attendant took her money with his left hand, he reached up with his right, flipping off the corn dog sign atop the cart.

She'd gotten the last one.  The last one!  I'm still not over it.

So, 4 years later, I finally got my corn dog.  An hour before the game started.  I couldn't take any chances and, yes, it was all I'd hoped it would be.
The excitement both in and out of the stadium was spectacular and I got teary-eyed when the Ags ran onto the field.  I was caught completely off guard by what I can only assume was a pregnancy hormone induced reaction and worried the Aggie Band would have me sobbing at half time.

Somehow I held it together, but this just never gets old.  Whoop!
What a day!  Time with my man bonding over Aggie football in fabulous seats, great weather, exciting game, & that corn dog.  Just can't beat it.  So proud to be an Aggie!  Whoop!

No comments: