Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mud & Critters

This morning when I saw that the rain had stopped (Praise God for the much needed rain we got yesterday!) we suited up and headed to one of our favorite places on the planet to see some of our very favorite people-The Peters'!    

Of course, the boys were ecstatic and hurriedly started getting dressed and gathering their "tuff."  J came into the kitchen looking super cute in his get up and asked, "Do you wanna take my picture, Momma?"  I wasn't feeling it in the kitchen so I talked him into waiting until we got to the ranch to strike a pose.  
Mr. Peters saddled up Mouse and we started with pony rides.


L's turn!

Kaydie joined us and we headed down to the creek to hunt for critters.  We LOVE exploring the creek bed and were surprised to find that it wasn't running.  
Our first find was this tiny salamander, followed by a partial fish skeleton, a catfish head (not part of the aforementioned skeleton), several frogs, and minnows that escaped our nets.  No snakes.  :(

L traipsed over this pile of washed up limbs like he was cruising over smooth ground.
Tracy & Stacy showed up for part of our hike and then lowered a rope (extension cord-they're so resourceful) to help us out of the creek bottom.
Then we went fishing in the water trough.  And I accidentally caught a goldfish, of which we didn't take a pic.
It was overcast and in the 70s all morning.  No bugs, no sunscreen, and great friends.  Fantastic!  What a blast we had with some of our very fave people playing outside, just enjoying the country.  Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Peters, for letting us come play!  And thank you, Tracy & Stacy, for joining us on our hike.  The boys were in heaven and Mom and I had a blast, too.  :)

No comments: