We went on a 24-hour trip to Georgetown Friday to visit Gran and Bepe. What a blast, as usual!
Gran cooked up a big breakfast Saturday morning. Yummo!
Gran and Bepe have a fabulous backyard where the boys & the dogs played for a couple of hours after breakfast. They'd stick their head in every so often to ask, "When's Cole gonna come out?" (Cousin Cole was staying in their garage apartment and the boys LOVE him.)
Playing in the Backyard
Gran and I had fun watching them play while we worked in the kitchen and I reminisced about how much fun I always had playing outside when visiting my grandparents way back when. :)
Then Gran said the boys could go wake up Cole. You would've thought it was Christmas. And Cole was so sweet; happy to see them. :)A game of CandyLand. With a 4-yr-old & a 3-yr-old.
L w/ Cole (L told me today, "When I gwow up I'm gonna be tawl wike Cole!")
Bepe had a tree in his backyard that Jess had cut down a while back so B, Cole, and the boys helped him cut it up, move all the branches, and even split wood.
J & Cole
The Yard Crew :)
I'm so sad I didn't get a pic of Gran and me on our little adventure. We got a hot tip (Thank you, Molly!) about an alley-way clearance sale behind an antique store. We just had to go check it out and found everything there marked 90% off or more. Score!Then we headed over to another resale shop that was so neat; huge and well-organized. I found a swimsuit for J and some scrap fabric for my lavender sachets.
I had no idea Gran liked thrift shopping. I guess we've never had the time to hunt for bargains when we've been together.
After the guys finished working and Gran and I returned from shopping B and I took the boys to the park to feed the ducks & geese-a highlight of all our trips to Georgetown.
This one was a little pushy and got a piece of L's finger ("He bit my finguh, Momma, but it didn't hut.") with his bread.
Uh-oh!
We were just sure Missy wanted to swim.
She was so excited and needed a little encouragement to be thrown in.
Like a duck (or maybe a cat) to water!
Just as quickly as she'd started, she was done.Good dog, Missy!
L said yesterday, "That was fun at Gran and Bepe's!" Yes it was. :) We love you both and will see you soon! Thank you for having us!

No comments:
Post a Comment