Today was the first day of preschool for J and Mother's Day Out for L. They were super excited and I was pretty much beside myself as well. They love school and have been out for almost four months!
When we walked in, I knew there would be kiddos crying, and crying they were.
L's room was our first stop and two wailing children literally fell into the hallway from the classroom when the teachers opened the door. (I cringed thinking L may react by getting upset.)
Without flinching, my littlest boy clutched the door frame with both hands and quickly stepped over the one on the floor beneath him and swung into the classroom, never looking back. I waved goodbye to his back and pretended he missed me.
J was next and he was a bit shy as he walked into his class, but did so without hesitation. All of the students in his classroom were sitting quietly at their table working on a project. A completely different scene than L's! He did turn back and wave, then sat down and got to work.
After all of 3 minutes inside the building, I was done. Just like that, both of my "widdle" boys began their 2012-2013 school year.
Outtakes from Our Morning Photo Shoot
Attention, everyone! The class clown has now been identified.
I so enjoyed my 'free time' and got so much done, including a lunch date with my man. :) And just when I began to miss J & L, it was time to pick them up. They were so happy and excited when I got there, telling me all about their day, their new friends, and what fun they'd had. Made my heart happy!
A BIG Change
We (Momma Spence & I) have been talking to the boys about the fact that they would no longer be in the same class or school since the spring and they seemed okay with that. Probably harder on us mommas than our boys. There was no other option but to start a new tradition: meeting for ice cream after the first day of school! We headed to Mickey D's after school to catch up. Fun! :)
A Few things to Note:
-When we got home from school, L came into the kitchen and said, "Tank you for we could go to our new school, Momma." And then he smiled his sweet little smile, dimples and all. :)
-This morning while talking about the first day of school, J reported, "Sometimes in the hallway at school if I see my brudder I will get out of wine and go hug him. My teacher lets me do that."
-J no longer says, "pack pack", and now calls his backpack by the correct name. :( On a happier note, both boys wore their own backpacks in and carried their lunch boxes! What?! All I toted were my keys!
-During bedtime prayers tonight both boys thanked God that they got to go to their "new school today".
The first day of school was wonderful, and for that I am thankful. We love our teachers and the rest of the staff and look forward to a great year!
1 comment:
GREAT post! I enjoyed reading the boys' comments on their school day, and loved the outtake photos! Sorry about the separation anxiety, Barb, but you WILL get over it eventually. Love and hugs! Aunt Annie
Post a Comment