Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Houston Zoo

Since B had a bank holiday on Monday we went to the Houston zoo with Dawn and her boys and my mom. Jack insisted on wearing (or carrying) Kaydie's hat almost the entire day. Since Dawn was there, I took almost no pics and am proud to use hers for this post.After we finally found a parking place-there were plenty available at the Neuropsychiatric Crisis Center-we headed into the zoo. Here the boys are checking out the lions. I think it was Jack who repeatedly said, "Wake up, lion."
Within about 20 minutes, we were burning up, so we headed into the Lizard Lounge, as D called it, to cool off.
The boys LOVED this part. They were intent on getting right up to the glass for the closest possible look at each animal. Talk about finger prints.
For all you S Texas folks
A little croc
Piranha Tank
And the top was open with a sign that read: Please keep hands out of tank. Fish may bite. I suppose they've covered their bases.
The seals were fun to watch.


LukeMan had a blast and was absolutely NO TROUBLE. Sweet little guy. Because every exhibit seemed to have a bar right at his in-the-stroller-eye-level, it is very possible that the only animals he saw were the birds in the parking lot, but I don't think he minded. He's always up for whatever; just along for the ride. :)
And here I finally found the perfect animal representative of a 2-year-old little boy. These little guys, ground squirrels, I think, literally ran circles around the exhibit and each other non-stop. Boy did they remind me of a certain 2-year-old I know.

Take Cover!!!
As we headed through the bird exhibit near the end of our trip there was a loud bang(think 12 gauge shotgun blast). We froze for a minute before realizing B had overfilled the tire on the jogger, causing it to blow. Poor Jacob had been sleeping in the jogger until then. :( D toted J and I pushed a 3-wheel stroller on 2 wheels for the last leg.
Mission accomplished-Two Wiped Out Two-Year-Olds

No comments: