Friday, April 16, 2010

Being Boys

Taking part in a Texas tradition...right down the road from our house.

Jack
-Jack is talking in sentences now, says please and thank you...sometimes even without being prompted.

-He loves to be outside ALL the time.

-Playing in Chance's water bowl (& drinking from it when Mom's too slow to catch him) is among his favorite outdoor activities.

-He still sleeps all night in his big boy bed, which he has been able to climb into and out of all by himself for months now, yet he stays in all night.

-He almost always wakes up in a cheerful mood and immediately asks for Daddy & Luke.

-As of late, he's much more willing to try different foods and still eats well.

-It'll be a sad day when his beloved paci has to go. At least he'll still have Bear Bear.

-Reading is his favorite indoor activity and he can identify most letters, sing his ABCs, and count to 10.

-He calls Luke, "Guke," and sometimes substitutes a b for the h in horsey. Too cute!

-When we see one of his friends he screams their name while running toward them, as if he hasn't seen them in years. Always excited to see his friends. :)

-Destruction is his 'fun' time right now. As my friend, Dawn, said yesterday, "If I'd reached this stage with my oldest before I got pregnant w/ #2, I couldn't have imagined dealing with a baby, too." (Her boys are the same ages as mine and next time we're together I'll count the number of times we each get up to wrangle kids. Should be interesting; at least to us.) Love this age, but I really do spend much of my day 'fixing' what Jack's dismantled, dragged to another room, opened, spilled, or all of the above.

-He still travels really well. Love to take this boy pretty much anywhere!

-Jack plays independently really well most of the time.

-Horseback riding is a new favorite of his.

-He's always eager to meet new people and will hug just about any one's leg. One Sunday (while Brian was on duty and I was nowhere around) he latched on to the leg of a college girl in a super-short skirt. I'm pretty sure Brian was more proud than embarrassed...just a little.


Luke


-Luke is a happy, super social boy! He gets that from his daddy. :)

-His interests right now include chewing on his toes, smiling almost all the time, playing with his hands, 'talking' to anyone who will listen and talk back, and just being adorable.

-He spends a lot of time in his Exersaucer and Bumbo and enjoys having Jack show him how to play with his toys. I bet this will get old, but he enjoys it for now.

-He is an excellent traveler and is fun to have along for the ride. The boy is adaptable and easy.

-He has not had his first haircut yet, but I'm keeping a watchful eye for any wild hairs. A couple of weeks ago his baby hair began falling out, which gave him a more groomed look the natural way.

-He flopped over in his bouncy seat this morning, landing straddling the toy bar. Better get used to strapping him in!

-Naps are at least twice a day for 2+ hours each time-Yea for another good sleeper!-and he's been sleeping all night (12 hours) since about 3 and 1/2 months. (This is my Baby Book and Journal and Scrapbook; not bragging, this is just how I keep up with the milestones.)

-Luke entertains himself very well. Can't wait until he and Jack can run around and play (Or get into trouble, wait a minute!).


Monday night, April 12th
Luke's a little over 5 months old now and I've had a little pressure from Brian and a few others to start feeding him some solid foods. How could my baby be ready for solids???

And now I know how a Mama's Boy happens. So, in an attempt not to ruin his life by making him a Mama's Boy, I introduced rice cereal. But I still kiss all over him and pretend he's upset every time I leave.
Obviously he's just not ready.

Ha! The boy ate two whole tablespoons of cereal the consistency of oatmeal right off the bat. :)

No comments: