Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random

Yesterday I stopped by Ulta (beauty supply store) to pick up my hairspray.

While in line I saw, are you ready for this???, red velvet cake scented body wash. AAAHHHHHH!!! I am usually not into food scented anything that's inedible, but this intrigued me, as I am all about baking/eating/dreaming about red velvet cake. 'No way does this actually smell like red velvet cake,' I thought. I momentarily left my place in line to open the bottle and take a whiff. EXACTLY like a real red velvet cake. Wow. At this point I was torn. Do I really want to smell like cake? Won't it make me crave the cake? Hmmmmm. So I make a deal with myself. If the red velvet cake icing body wash is spot on, I'm in. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), none was to be found. Red velvet cake (even if it's just the scent) without the icing??? The marketing department totally dropped the ball.

So, I left the body wash and stepped back in line only to see a lady in her 80s purchasing Big Sexy Hair hairspray, which guarantees to "get you noticed with maximum, star-quality volume."

Apparently an associate had put it behind the counter for her while she shopped b/c, when she reached the counter to pay, she didn't say the name, but instead pointed at her 4 bottles behind him.

Why does she buy it? Does it really work well? Is she embarrassed to carry it around the store and to ask for it by name? Does she find humor in the name? Maybe she doesn't care at all.

Even I wouldn't really like that name plastered across (in HUGE letters) my cans of hairspray. Then again, I am always hoping my hair will suddenly have "maximum, star-quality volume." Maybe I should get over the name and give it a whirl.

4 comments:

Perks said...

Funny post.

I confess, I have some Big Sexy Hairspray on my counter right now. It's a huge bottle with huge letters. It even says on it "Spray and play harder." Nice. ??? Amazingly, my girls who can read haven't picked up on it.

It does, however, work really really well. I buy it all the time. :)

Aunt Kathey said...

Of course your Aunt has tried it. It does work but you have to want Big Hair.
kc

Barb said...

Thanks for the info, girls! Maybe I should take a break from my Shaper Plus and give Big Sexy Hair a try. :)

Leigh T said...

Maybe you should chant the name while you are spraying.... add a little flounce.