Back to God's sense of humor. :) Surely I would have 2 sweet girls who would want to do everything 'girl' and do it all in clouds of pink. Probably at the last minute, God, obviously keen to (and in charge of) the big picture, chose to send those sweet, precious little girls to a mom who is much more qualified to raise them with a fighting chance, all the while dressing them cute and tending to their natural desires to do girl things. Cori, Kammi, and Stacey come to mind here-three of the many FABULOUS moms of girls I know! (To Leigh, Joshelyn (and Cori, again), more from that FABULOUS group, thank you for showing me alternatives to those headbands and sharing your sweet girls with me. Watching you with your precious girls, I felt I could also be a good girl mom. :)
Here are a few things I've learned since having boys. Chapter 1 (of many).
-They are sooooo sweet and I love mine more than I could ever have imagined.
-There's not enough bleach in the world (or time in my day) to keep white socks white. (I'll consider this when shopping for underwear.)
-'Gentle' is not a concept that comes easily to my 19-month-old.
-Asking, "Jack, will you please bounce Luke for me?" (in his bouncy seat right beside me in the kitchen) immediately became a life-threatening situation...for both boys.
-Every thing's a weapon.
-Toys are more fun if you hit them against things like walls and furniture.
-No matter how fast I am with a diaper, it's inevitable that I'll get sprayed every once in a while.
-Die-cast tractors are more fun to take in the car and in the stroller than a softer, lighter toy so I almost always have one in tow.
-'Quiet' just doesn't happen unless they are both asleep.
-Nothing beats being outdoors & getting dirty. Yea for this! Hey, it makes bath time more worthwhile and I love to play outside.
-Speaking of dirty, Jack's fingernails are dirty at the end of EVERY single night. Still can't figure this one out.
-As my friend, Stacey, said, "It's fun shopping for boys because everything matches." Ah, perfect for me. :)
-A ten-year-plan to repair or replace the walls, flooring, furniture, etc. in our house keeps Brian and me from overreacting...most of the time.
-My boys provide me with a free and consistent exercise plan and I don't even have to leave the house!
I'm ecstatic to have my sweet boys and look forward to the years to come while enjoying each day with them. Fun times ahead!
1 comment:
Loving you love your boys!!! You are an incredible mom and if this one is a boy, you will be at the top of my list for advice!
Post a Comment