Here's my funny Jack story of the week...so far.
Yesterday BEFORE noon, he ran into my bathroom, opened the toilet, and proceeded to 'play' in it, splashing toilet water all over the seat and outside of the toilet. All of this happened in a matter of 30 seconds or less. By the time I rounded the corner into the bathroom, the lid was closed with water all over it and his hands were dripping-Gross! (Yea for the fact that I didn't see my cell phone, the remote, or anything I might have had to 'dive' for in the toilet.)
Of course, I immediately (after exclaiming, 'Oh sick, gross!') started the bath water with Jack in the tub, where I undressed him. His diaper was a tad dirty, but I thought I'd gotten him thoroughly cleaned.
He started playing in the tub while I scrubbed the toilet inside and out, from top to bottom. When I finished, to my horror, there was one (tiny, but still significant) piece of baby poop in the tub. Sick!!! Suddenly his playing in the toilet was NOT the most disgusting event of the day.
So...I cleared the tub of toys, water, and the baby, scrubbed it, ran more bath water, re-bathed him, then bleached all of his toys.
To sum it up, yesterday he played in the toilet and (sort of) pooped in the tub. Hmmmmm. I've got some work to do with this boy!
Yes, I am aware that this story will quickly move toward the bottom of my 'Grossest Mom Experiences' list and eventually be replaced completely. With many years of motherhood ahead, I am certain to look back at this experience and be surprised I found it so yucky, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor, Barb. But, I have to say, I think I can top it. There must be something in the water (pun totally intended), because Eli has pooped in the tub THREE times this week...one of which was mid-bubble bath with Norah, who found the evidence before I did and shouted, "AAAAHHHH Mom!!! Eli pooped in the tub...get me out of here!!!"
So, yes...I too, have had to do the drain the water, bleach the toys, and take it from the top routine and I feel your pain (three times over).
It wouldn't have been nearly as frustrating had I not sat Eli on the potty (which he's been using with success fairly regularly) all three times BEFORE tub entry, only to have him inform me that he was "All done" with nothing to show for it. All three poo incidents occurred not 2 minutes after his "All Done" declaration. Gotta love those dirty, little boys!
Loved the story and think you will be very blessed if this even remains anywhere on the Grossest Mom Moments list! (not that it isn't gross, there are just so many more worse scenarios! :) )
Yep, that is gross - but it'll quickly move down the list. At least he didn't EAT the floaty!! :) That'll give you nightmares for a week. hehe
So...this incident has been out-done by one that is definitely not blog appropriate. (I am still trying to get my appetite back.) And it took less than a week. :)
Post a Comment