We spent the weekend-before-last in Santa Anna. We'd originally planned to camp but waited too long to make reservations and then Hots had to work all weekend so Kaydie, Grandmama, and I decided on Santa Anna instead.
Fishing was at the top of our list! (K, L, J)
SK was all enthusiastic, too.J caught the first fish!
Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying their ages now? These boys can bait their own hook! (L)
J caught another!
And Kaydie caught the most!
SK was done pretty quickly and kept Grandmama company. Or something like that. ;)
L, G, SK, J all relaxing in the shade.
We also hit up some stores in town where the boys made friends with everyone with whom they came into contact and we enjoyed an old fashion milk shake in downtown Coleman.
Driving around both Santa Anna and Coleman was a blast and having Grandmama with us to tell about all sorts of old buildings was great. I was in my happy place for sure!
So here's a(nother) strange thing about our family-We enjoy visiting the cemetery. Okay, that's not too strange except that we like to check on all of the relatives and then walk around looking at the other markers, too, some of which date back to the 1800s.
I can't remember whose idea it was to snap a pic, but continuing with the weirdness, here we/they are...at the cemetery. I suppose it is nice to have a pic of us all above ground. #imtheweirdestone
(G, SK, J, L, & K)
Many of my relatives are buried here, from both my maternal grandmother's side and my maternal grandfather's, which I think is pretty cool.
I will tell you that one headstone in particular caught my eye and was convicting. It was of a wife (whose husband was buried right beside her) who had died in the late 1800s. On the back of her stone read, 'The sunshine of our home,' which I love, but don't think would be the first thought in anyone's mind for mine.
Since my family is made up of sweet, kind people they would say nice things-I think-but this doesn't seem to fit. Now, if we substituted 'sarcasm' for 'sunshine' that would be more like it.
So my new goal is to be sunshine in our home (with a small side of sarcasm). Wish me luck!
Many thanks to Carol, Sue, and Rick & Sandra for letting us come play at the ranch. We loved our time there and it just feels good to have a sort of home place.
No comments:
Post a Comment