To sum it all up, I feel like we celebrated SK's third birthday well but have very few photos to prove it, in all of which she looks like a ragamuffin. (And I'm just now posting from January 14th. Without her height because I've been putting off posting till I got that stat but now she's down for her nap and I figure I should just post already and add that later.)
Because the boys had basketball games on Saturday, her actual birthday, we stayed in Friday night and celebrated as a family with steak, baked potatoes, and cupcakes that SK had picked out earlier in the day.
I'm liking this tradition of cake or cupcakes from a bakery in town for SK's birthday; 3 years in a row now. (fist pump)
She was adamant that she wanted "a pink cupcake."We chose four other cupcakes and then, as is tradition, cut each one up so we could all sample every one. Except for SK's pink one, which was all hers.
On Saturday we went to Gatti's for a birthday supper with Kaydie and I got no pictures, but I think we all had fun; especially the birthday girl.
Some notes on SK at 3 years old:
-She talks constantly and asks many, many questions all the time to friends, family, and strangers alike.
-Things she says: "cream" (scream), "I'm still iddle (little), Momma," "uke" (Luke), "I'm taw-kin to you, Momma!"
-She never meets a stranger and today addressed the not overly friendly Sears repair guy who was working on our fridge as "Ranger," for "stranger," repeatedly as she peppered him with questions from "What are you doing, Ranger?" to "Where did you get your new shoes, Ranger?"
-She loves "cool" (school) and her friends at school and church.
-She is very expressive and able to verbalize ALL of her thoughts and concerns such as, "That boy is irritating me!" to the circle of moms at the park last week.
-She is our tallest kiddo at age 3 and falls into the 95th percentile for height ( in); 50th for weight (30lbs).
Our girl is sweet, funny, loves her bed and sleep, loves being outside, follows her "bubbas" everywhere, gives the best hugs and kisses. We love you, Sadie Kay Ray!
No comments:
Post a Comment