Friday, September 23, 2016

Wednesday Highlights

Sometimes when you're a stay at home mom you have to take a little one or two or three to appointments.  

I've done this for many appointments of my own over the last 8 and a half years, of course, but this one seemed like quite a stretch, as SK went with me to my 2.5 hour hair appointment (cut & highlights) back in August.

I'd forgotten that though her brothers would be in school, she would not way back when I made the appointment.  Then it came to my attention that her two favorite sitters-Kaydie and Grandmama-happened to be out of town, so off we went!
I packed her lunch, the iPad (to play Tom and Jerry), our A&M quilt my Aunt Barbara made to catch crumbs, and her coloring supplies and SK did great.  Or I just got lucky.  ;)
She took a Tom and Jerry break to snack on graham crackers and to color for a bit.
It is times like this that I feel like an old pro.  But soon enough I make another rookie parenting move that brings me back to reality and if I could think of one of the many I've made right now I'd include it, but I'm headed outside to work in the garden and that's where my mind is currently.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: