As I was typing up a few discussion questions for tonight's
marriage enrichment class, J shared some words of 8-year-old wisdom during
about a 7 minute time period.
“The most important things I know about marriage are love
and what you learn from it.”
What else do you know about marriage?
“Let me think. It
adds a lot of unique qualities. It can
change your life. Hmm. Marriage can bring you closer to God. Love is one of the most important things
ever. In marriage hard times are
learning times; you can learn something from the hard times.”
"Marriage isn't just love, it's God's work and a time
to learn. God never made marriage just
to get you to know each other, he made it for you to learn."
Just because you know a few things about marriage doesn't
mean you can get married anytime soon.
"I know." (smiles)
"Marriage doesn't just mean you love them, it means you
heart them-and what I mean by heart them is a bunch of different things. It means that you're ready for the
challenge. There are roads ahead with
bumps. You have to get over those bumps
and you can't without God's help."
How do you know all of this?
"Um. I just read
the Bible and basically guessed out of my mind what I know. God basically helps me speak."
This boy. :)
2 comments:
That is just beautiful and so thoughtful of Jack at 8 years old. I love what he said about the heart. We use the word love for so many things.
I think it is incredibly insightful about the hard times. He really seems to have a hold on so many truths.
You and Brian are doing something so right and always leading him back to God.
Love,
Aunt Kathey
What a phenomenal perspective! And kudos to you for documenting it! This will be an even richer treasure when he gets married one day! My favorite line "God basically helps me speak." So precious!
Post a Comment