Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cousin Eddie & Ellen?

Hots and I were invited to a dress up Christmas party this year and I was feeling the pressure, being newbies and all.  It was definitely a go big, or go home situation.

So I called Monica for the hookup.  She and Brion are our best buds here and, bonus, they just happen to be super cool.  (M did the Cotton Eyed Joe for the first time ever impromptu at a fundraiser on stage in front of a few hundred people and just killed it.  Who does that?!  And I think they could totally fill in for Kelly & Michael because they're quick and hilarious and all kinds of fun.)

Now I've never been cool but I do know how to utilize my resources.

As expected, M & B had a fabulous costume idea and had already thought to include us.  (fist pump) 

M said she'd do my hair and makeup, Grandmama helped me start my skirt, I found a blouse at a thrift shop that I embellished with lace, then Mom took pity on me and redid my skirt completely.  A group effort for sure!

Then just like that, I was Ellen Griswold.

I texted this to my sister:

"Remember how I was never ever cool, especially in the '80s?  Well here's my redo:"
Hots was beside himself over his assignment and played his part disturbingly-yet not surprisingly-well.  If you know him you're not surprised.
Catherine & Clark
Here we are all together.  I just made sense for M to be Cousin Eddie's wife Catherine and for B to be Clark.  (M, H, B, Me)
Catherine & Cousin Eddie
Mr. & Mrs. Clark W. Griswold
With Brion's and Monica's lead, Hots and I won the costume contest and thoroughly enjoyed the party.

M sent these to us the next day.

Ha ha ha ha!!!

No comments: