Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sadie Kay turns 1!

Sadie Kay turned one (I'm in denial-Could time please stand still?) so we took her to our local Mexican food restaurant since each time we've been there she's eaten nonstop the entire length of our visit.  

If there's one truth about all our kiddos it's that they are fabulous eaters!  (This could come back to bite them later, but for now Hots and I are enjoying dining flexibility even though we have 3 young kids.)


I think she was pleased!
All of my guys  :)
About our Girl at 1 Year
-cruises all around the furniture
-can stand up without pulling up (first time on Jan. 22 at school, then the next night in the tub)
-loves to climb our stairs
-eats pretty much anything
-sleeps like a champ; the girl is worn out by 7:00 at the latest & enjoys sleeping until 9:30 when it's an option
-LOVES playing upstairs with her big brothers
-enjoys hiking with the fam in her Ergo carrier
-knows what she wants and when she wants it
-has LOTS of words:  nana (banana), yak (Jack), mama, nap (which she regularly asks for), nak (snack), dada, bubba, muh-muh (more), niiii-nye (night night), bye-bye

After supper we headed home where S waited patiently-ish for her cake; probably wondering why on earth we'd placed her back at the table since she'd just stuffed herself at the restaurant.
I'm still not sure if the fact that I ordered her first birthday cake from a local bakery means I love her more than the boys or less (since I'd planned for each of theirs way in advanced and literally spent hours decorating each one).  I will say that the ordered cake was delish so I'm counting it as a win and possibly a new tradition.

Let's back up to the order experience.  I Googled bakeries here and settled on one that I visited with L & S in tow.  Still recovering from influenza, I only had only one specification: No pink, which I was able to communicate without going into a coughing fit.  (For some reason this blanket preference of pinklessness on all things girl is sometimes difficult to grasp by bakers, 99% of the little girl fashion industry, and most grandmothers.)

The baker thought for a minute and guaranteed me she would come up with something feminine with no pink and we rushed out the door where I could cough with reckless abandon.

She was so proud of this creation and announced, "No pink!" with a smile when I picked it up the next day.  Quinceanera, anyone?  :)
S liked the looks of it!
And wondered what we were waiting for.

The boys were SO excited about S's birthday!

Happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday to you!

She may have had some concern about an open flame approaching her long locks.
 
 
This girl is serious about her cake.

One family pic  :)
 

A little face time with somebody special


First birthday cake and celebration a success!

We love our Sadie Kay, Sadie Grill, Sadie Bug, Sades, Sates, Sister, Sissy so very much!  What a joy you are to all of us, sweet Sadie.  You are a blessing and Daddy and I and your big brothers are just wild about you!

1 comment:

Carol said...

What wonderful pictures of Sadie and the family. Glad all is going well.