Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Last Saturday

Since half of my readers (which works out to be about two of you) have subtly hinted that maybe I've been slacking on my posting frequency I'm going to try to play catch up.  :) 

I blame influenza.  And myself for putting off getting the flu vx for the first time in 12 years.  That won't happen again.

It hit me like a train on New Year's Eve, which didn't put a damper on our plans since Hots had gone to bed 3 hours earlier due to flu-like symptoms we hadn't recognized at the time.  Hence no Tamiflu. 

Fortunately for me Hots was feeling better by the next morning and I spent the entire day in bed which I hadn't done in I don't know how long.  Surely I'd be better by the next day.

Or not.  Completely not.  I was in survival mode with the kids; my main focus was keeping them alive until Hots got home each day which was aided heavily by Disney Jr & a free for all in the pantry dept.

Hots had a very mild case, as did L since they'd been vaccinated and fortunately J & S were unaffected.

So, long boring story a little shorter, it took 3 weeks for me to feel back to normal, but I'm back.  With a new appreciation for the vaccines available in the 21st century.  

Can you imagine what someone who'd experienced the flu pandemic of 1918 would say to a moron like myself?!

We're settling in and are loving Kerrville!  Everyone has been so nice and welcoming.  

I will say that I've had to reintroduce myself to parents from both boys' basketball teams since I was apparently still semi-comatose when we'd first met and am happy to report they wanted to be friends...again.

We enjoyed Kaydie's visit last week and we are SO ready to have her here permanently. 

S checking out Kaydie's pallet
This is the boys' second season of basketball and they're loving it. :) 

L passing the ball (Hots is his coach & is on the left) 
Taking a Break
Bringing the Ball Down

Ready to Rebound
Two of L's Biggest Fans

Our Little Gym Rat  :)
J Bringing the Ball Down (in the bright blue shorts)


Taking a Shot!

Another Gym Rat!
Two basketball games in one day wears a girl out!
And her big brothers, too.
After the games we headed to a get together with our dear friends to celebrate their sweet baby who passed away two years ago.  What a privilege it was to spend time with their family and friends to honor sweet A.  After visiting over supper we went to the cemetery where we sang songs and released sky lanterns.  

Sunday afternoon we hit the trail and the boys climbed lots of trees.

Missy smells something!
This one is one of my faves.  :)


A few S pics



Rub a Dub Dub!


My Crew  :)




No comments: