Saturday, December 6, 2014

We're Doing This

I snapped this pic two weeks ago as we rolled into our new town thinking it was a neat view of the moving truck (which Hots was driving) and the Welcome to Kerrville sign.  Too bad the sign is glared out and the only thing clearly pictured is my bag of doughnuts.    
Long story somewhat shorter, Hots asked me Labor Day weekend-yes, this year-what I thought about him checking into job opportunities in the hill country.

In that very first conversation I could think of no reason not to check into it.  That was a HUGE sign from God that we were supposed to at least pursue it since I don't even like the thought of doing anything outside of my very small box and since we have been very happy here with pretty much everything, including Hots' job.

We prayed about it and sought wise counsel.  Everyone we visited with encouraged us to move forward and God opened doors left and right.  By then end of the month he had several interviews lined up with various banks in the towns we'd selected as places we'd like to live, based on size, schools, etc.

We have been SO happy here in BCS; with our friends, our church, Hot's job, the kids' schools, our neighbors, our neighborhood, Aggie sports.  I could go on and on.  I think we just kid of looked at each other and both felt the need for a little adventure and the thought of a smaller town was appealing.  (I'll get back with you on my Target withdrawl!)

We ate at our fave burger joint one last time (which turned out to be one of the last times...been there a couple of times since) and took tons of pics.




The boys even took a couple for us!


Had a fabulous going away party hosted by such wonderful friends.  Breeley made this sign for the front door.  :)
These guys...  :)
All of the ladies in the group have been instrumental in making sure S has girl clothes. Joshelyn gave her this doll that night since she, "knew S probably didn't have a doll!".
Great group of friends who we've done life with these past 12 or so years.  Man, we're gonna miss them!
We packed up J's furniture and they boys had a slumber party.  They actually slept!
Then we made our first moving trip to Kerrville.  (See doughnut pic way above.)
L & Hots pulling out of the driveway
Chilaxin' soon after we arrived
I sat in the truck to feed S and this guy appeared.
And like clockwork, this guy.
Fortunately the walk to the shop where our truck was on an emergency visit was just about a mile and we were able to walk through our neighborhood to get there.

Unfortunately Hots declined my suggestion that he carry some doggie bags in case we needed them for our pups along the way.  Baby diapers are A.) much more expensive and B.) much less effective for that situation.  Now he knows.  

We did find this beauty.
After a whirlwind first moving trip we headed to Santa Anna for Thanksgiving.

On our lunch stop I returned from the restroom to find this:
It was fun while it lasted!
Thanksgiving with the fam was just the break we needed.  Shout out to Carol for taking it on this year for us!

When we arrived S was a little overwhelmed at all the sweet people who greeted her.

Me:  "S, this is your family!"

With a worried and distressed look on her face she turned to look over my shoulder as if she were looking for her real family.  Sorry, kid, we're it!  Ha ha!

The boys were ecstatic to see their/our cousins.  Here they are with Mollie.  :)

Working in the kitchen (Hots, Kaydie, Mollie, & Grandmama)
On Thanksgiving Day she'd surrendered to the fact that she was in fact with the correct family and was able to get her grub on.
L by the tile barn at Grandmama's farm, which I learned this trip was where my great-great-grandmother lived.  Not in the barn, there had been a house nearby.
Several of us hunted for treasures and found many pieces of pottery, china, and glass around the old home site.  I think they'll make a nice little display.  

Then we drove to the Kingsbery ranch to see Carol's cattle.

I looked over to see this and had full appreciation for this moment.  :)

Mollie and Ross brought their jeep and let the boys drive.

J & M
 L behind the wheel

So blessed by ALL of our cousins!  
L & me
L-Man loves to treasure hunt.  We're passing it on to the next generation!






1 comment:

Aunt Kathey said...

Waffle fries Sadie! So happy for you. Aunt Kathey needs some time with you to teach you some stuff.
So happy for your family Barb. I think your blog should be Those Bower boys and the Beauty!
We love you and promise to make a trip to Kerrville.
Aunt Kathey