This morning I awoke to one of the Bowers boys announcing bedside, "I accidentally got some tee tee on the wall. I was coughing when I tried to go potty so some tee tee got on the wall."
Six + years into this boy mom thing, I'm used to walking into could-be-terrible situations with minimal information. I'll say I was pleasantly surprised this morning that I'd only have to scrub the walls from my waist level down and that was taking in about 8-12 extra inches on the top for good measure.
By 7:12 I'd finished a complete scrub down of their bathroom; walls, baseboards, & floor completely wiped down and the toilet scrubbed inside and out. (Thanks for the walls tip, LeAnna, not sure when I would've figured that one out on my own.)
Now, will someone please invent a stainless steel bathroom insert, floor to ceiling, and test it out in our boys' bathroom???
Giving a Brother a Hand (L's head falls down when he sleeps in the car so J had lifted it up and was holding it for him.)
Because a boy may need his light saber in OutbackSister Grill's Wild Hair
And I've just started the boys on Crocodile Hunter. See? In the background above? This day it was venomous snakes.
At lunch I asked the boys what topic they would like to discuss and they chose-surprise, surprise-venomous snakes. J correctly named each of the 4 venomous snakes in TX and we discussed the characteristics of each. I only reminded them 516 times that they are not professionals and should never never never touch a snake unless we're with them to tell them it's okay.
After lunch we headed to town and as luck would have it, there was fresh roadkill in the form of a snake on our very own street. Score! I pulled over and got everyone out (sans Sadie since she's not to the age where she appreciates snakes or poking dead things with a stick).
We made many observations, as young boys do, including that the snake's head was missing, and decided that it was nonvenomous-quite a feat for a 6-yr-oldl. Way to go, J!
Can someone please explain how dance, Barbies, and tea parties could even begin to compare to this kind of fun?
I think I'll go ahead and get S out next time.
Of Tater Tots & Tennis Shoes
I picked up J's shoes in his room one day the last week of school and found a tater tot in one. An actual tater tot. There were the expected playground pebbles in the other, but the tater tot...that was a new one.
It was a flat one, a tater round to be exact, meaning it had come from our house. I'm just missing the piece of the puzzle that tells me how it got there and how it stayed there all the way from wherever-breakfast room's my best guess-to his room.
Trying on Momma's Hat (Hots' reply to my text with this pic, "S looks gansta")
2 comments:
You, Barb, are amazing! Your posts lift my life and give me lots to smile about.
Janie
Barb, I always take my light saber to Outback. After all it is OUTBACK and you just never know what you will find.
Also, as I mature in age I also find tater tots in my shoes. I think they are missing the boat not experimenting with flat tater tots.
Also, Sadie's hair is getting so much lighter. I find with my gray hair that it has a mind of its own so like Sadie I never know which do I will have.
You are one great Mom.
Aunt Kathey
Post a Comment