Thursday, February 6, 2014

In the Last Week...Make that TWO Weeks, Now Almost 3

-Sadie grew up; she moved out of our room (by 1 & 1/2 weeks) and out of newborn size diapers (by 2 weeks).

-I purchased my first pair of jeggings and you'll be glad to know they are for Sadie, not me.

-L and I shopped for bows for at least half an hour on Friday.  Here she is wearing one of the ones we chose.
Thank goodness I had him there with me to make such difficult decisions-we chose two small bows, one light pink and the white one.  I left feeling faint and with blurred vision.  Seriously.  I knew this whole girl thing would rock my world, but was surprised to feel the physical effects so soon.  (I later determined I had a bit of a bug of some kind.)

-I put on my yoga pants (when Sadie was 1 & 1/2 weeks old) to see how far I needed to go to fit (appropriately) in them.  I then forgot I had them on and wore them to the local pizza place where we are regulars.  If no one there wondered why I was eating pizza when I could barely fit into my pants I'd be shocked.

-Hots and I had our first date night as parents of 3.  Dinner and Lone Survivor, which was sad, but an excellent movie.  Sadie was just over a week old.  She went to Kaydie's house during the movie where Kaydie reported she'd been held the entire time, then joined us for dinner.  (The boys had a babysitter at our house.)

-L has said-more times than I can count-"She's so coot!" and, "Momma, I gwad we had anudduh baby," and has been so attentive to his little sister.  Both boys are super sweet and very helpful.  :)  I love watching them interact with S.


-Last week he and I were sitting on the couch and I was holding Sadie.
 L:  Momma, I'm so gwad we had anudduh baby.  (smiles at me)
 Me:  Me, too, L.
 L:  I'd wike to say a pwayuh.  Dee-uh God, pwease send us two babies...

-We had a snow day (which means ice day here) last week and are set to have another tomorrow.  Fast-forward 2 weeks to this morning-It snowed!
The boys and Missy LOVED it!
I'm glad the boys are getting to use their winter coats more than once.  And that I actually bought winter coats this year...for the first time ever.
They enjoyed breaking the ice on our little creek with rocks and sticks.
-I saw Sadie's name in the latest Pottery Barn Kids catalog, meaning it'll now be in the top five girl names for the next 8 years.  So much for an old name that's not very common.  I guess she'll go by "Sadie B" and wonder why we chose such a popular name (which is exactly what we'd hoped to avoid).

-JoJo came to visit when Sadie was one week old.  She folded all of our laundry, which seems to have tripled with the addition of our tiny new member.  And she gave me nap time each of the days she was here.  :)

-Nonnie & Papa Jim stopped by, too.  Nonnie is a huge fan of Sadie's hair and says, "She's so pretty!"


-Poppa & Honey visited, too!  (This was the best of ten photos we took and if I weren't so behind on blogging, I'd have included the entire sequence.  Boys, boys!)
Time has flown by and I cannot believe (or acknowledge, really) our sweet Sadie is already 3+ weeks old.  We're getting into the girl groove and enjoying her so much!


1 comment:

Aunt Kathey said...

The name Sadie is so popular from Duck Dynasty. Jonathan said if he ever met DD Sadie he would drop on one knee and ask her to marry him. Cmon now Jonathan! But I strangely find myself attracted to Uncle Si. Cannot wait to meet Sadie. I promise it will be soon. She is a doll. I notice Luke is more taken with her than Jack. Will be interesting when she starts reaching their toys and crawling. Probably won't be so Pop U Lar.. Aunt Kathey