This summer we took our second annual trip to Bolivar Peninsula with my mom. My sis and her husband joined us this year, as well. We had all kinds of fun. I'll let the pics tell most of the story. :)
The house is on the bay side, so we have a long private pier where the guys set up fishing first thing each morning. The boys were all over it!
Last year we let them have free rein (Is that the correct word???) on the pier, coming and going as they pleased, life jackets on of course, and not once did either of them fall in. They flew through this trip with no falls, either. It just seems like someone should fall in at some point. After all, L was only 2 last year. Maybe all our talk of killer sharks lurking in the water below did the trick.
The boys manned the crab traps and were most diligent about checking them and removing the crabs.
J caught this monster at night.
Behind the beach house was a boat ramp that was home to hundreds of hermit crabs. Since the hurricane demolished most everything around where our beach house is-it was rebuilt-the boat ramp is not very busy, allowing for lots of hermit crab hunting.
Kaydie brought a tub so she and the boys could create a hermit crab habitat.
I'm not sure when this happened. It was before I had my anti nausea drug cocktail all worked out, so I must have been at the beach house in a Phenergan coma. Looks like they were having fun, though!
Family Pics
"Why do your heads look so small and your feet so big?" you ask. Our photographer was half our height. We think he did an excellent job! "Why do you look 5 months pregnant?" you ask. Um, I still can't figure that out, but what can you do?
L caught his first redfish on his own little rod! Talk about a proud Daddy!
Kaydie fished as much as the guys did and caught several interesting animals...
Check it out! Kaydie's stingray!
Happy Ending: The hook was easily removed with no damage to the stingray (I always worry about the hook part). And no one got barbed.
The only beach pic I took. Again, I was kind of out of commission. :/ But it's a super cute pic!
This is how exhausted the boys were. We came into our room to get ready for bed and could turn the lights on, get ready, and not one peep from J or L. Until next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment