Thursday, March 29, 2012

Self-Initiated Potty Training: Part II


I owe you a followup post to the original, which I was just sure would begin with, I knew it seemed too good to be true. L has changed his mind about potty training, so we'll pick up in August, which is when I had originally planned to start.

Fortunately (& shockingly), the opposite is true. (Please don't hate.) I'll share the details since this is our family journal, baby book, photo album and this is a HUGE milestone for our sweet L. That's your warning. :)

We started putting L in nothing but underwear last Saturday, with a Pullup at night. Since then, he's had 2 accidents total, both of which occurred on Saturday. And, just when we were thinking, This is way too easy, he began asking to go #2 on the potty. That's right, he asked-we haven't had to ask him once and he's been 100% since Sunday with one small accident Saturday night while we were at friends' house.

That's the whole story (Hopefully!).

You may direct all questions to L, as I have absolutely NO IDEA how this happened.

Hopefully there will be no Part III, but I promise to come clean if all this doesn't work out. For now (& always!), we're so proud of you, L! Way to go!

No comments: