Tracy, Me, Stacy
Grand Entry
Tracy & Stacy rode on a Novice team as well as the Ranch Hand team (I was on the Ranch Hand team with them) so they could ride the entire day. They're both on young horses and, no surprise, all 4 of them did really well.
Stacy on RJ rounding the last barrel
Tracy on Lil' Bit bringing it home on pole bending
My Boys
When I signed up for this rodeo B asked if it would be alright if he and the boys joined us. I was super excited, as I LOVE having them with me. :) Thanks to B, the boys did great. They had a great time playing with new friends, eating picnic food all day, keeping Starlet warmed up in between events, and yelling (we don't cheer) for us as we competed. Since we alternated events with the Novice division, we I had some down time to visit with J & L and to let them ride Starlet.
Catching Up w/ my Little Man
Boot Scramble
J & L were in the 8 & under group and J did really well finding and putting on each of his boots. L stood in the middle of the arena looking confused until the clown helped him out and he was able to run it in. For the youngest kiddos in the game, they did well. And, every participant 'won' a free bag of cookies. (L is in the gray shirt in the middle and J is on the far R putting on his last boot.)
L was super serious with his encouragement for our team. B got a video of him yelling for Tracy, but I still have not figured out how to post videos.
Here's to you, Ms. Betty, Haywired's #1 fan and one of my (3, or so) dedicated blog readers. If not for you, no telling when I would've posted this! Seriously, you're a blast and I love having you on the road w/ us. :)
I'll leave you with this pic. A new tradition about which I may or may not explain sometime down the road. Yes, I got some weird looks.
One last (I promise!) thing: Hots, thanks for EVERYTHING you did to make Saturday so much fun and so easy. From photographer to babysitter to groom to chauffeur to trailer mechanic to pack mule, you did it all. Thanks for supporting me in every way. :)
4 comments:
We want to come see you rodeo! We are city people you know.I am so glad you left injury free. The boys are adorable and Luke's blue boots are to die for. I have hot pink ones.
Now for the last picture, are you trying to plank, or squat or whatever Jonathan seems to be doing at the moment? Let me know. You do need some explanation as it could be misinterpretted by me!! Ha
Well my guess is that your practicing your trick riding or that's how one gets on there knees to pray without getting of the horse.
Uncle Mike
Oops that should be their knees. Sorry Ann.
Uncle Mike
Ha ha, Aunt Kathey! If you come to my rodeo, you'll just HAVE to wear your hot pink boots. I can totally see it.
Mike, praying before I ride is very important. And thanks for correcting your spelling. I know Aunt Annie appreciates it. :)
Post a Comment