JoJo and Pops rented a fabulous beach house with 3 master suites, bedrooms for the kids, a screened in back porch area that included a pool, ping pong table, and a pool table (no mosquitoes!), that was just a short walk from the beach. We LOVED being together in the same house without being on top of each other.
Cori wanted to have family pics done of her family while we were there and Jody wanted a couple of shots of everyone together. We took the following pics (and the one above) while the photographer was setting up and taking pics of the Baird's. They love it when you do that, right?
Heading to the beach for our photo shoot.
Chad dug around and found a sea turtle egg.
R e l a x. It was a shell.
Beach Time!
I think he's done for the day.
Yes. Yes he is.
Okay, let's everyone pretend I'm sporting a six pack and not the sad result of my Coke addiction. Okay, I feel better now.
J getting a paddle boarding lesson
B w/ his mom and pop
And she's is the reason I placed my gym membership. And that I actually work out at the gym (as opposed to just wearing the clothes...which I've done in the past; like, my entire past after hs).
I really hate to tell you this about my sis-in-law, but in addition to being gorgeous and having a fabulous bod (no pretending on her six pack!), she's also a wonderful person. :) Love you, Cori!
All the cousins on the paddle board-You have no idea how difficult it was to capture this moment. And who's that hot paddle-boarder in the background?!
No idea what happened here. I tried to 'borrow' some images from C's snapfish account and didn't have much luck, hence the few pics of the cousins. :(
Pool Time!
Pops & L visiting over Breakfast
On our last night in Captiva we went to The Bubble Room for supper. They're known for their fabulous desserts (Butterfinger pie, red velvet cake, orange cake, etc.) and the two types of bread they serve with each meal; a sweet cinnamon bread and a garlicky cheese bread. Trust me, you've never had anything like it unless you've been there. Perfect dining experience for me since my favorite food in the W-H-O-L-E world is bread. Can I go back right now?
The atmosphere was perfect for kids, as a train track ran around the wall with a little train making the rounds the whole time we were there and the amount of 'stuff' they had on their walls (and ceiling) made places like Applebee's and Chili's look bare.
The monkey cage is right outside of The Bubble Room.
Sweet L in the beach house's front yard
Breakfast at the bar
JoJo & Pops kept the kiddos one night so we could go out. :)
Traditional Jigsaw Puzzle
Sadly, we had to leave. This is one of my fave trip pics. It's of us at the airport heading home and I love that R's jumping out w/ his mini light saber.
Thank you, JoJo & Pops, for such a wonderful family vacation. We had a great time! Loved being w/ y'all.
P.S. Cori, as special shout out to you and C for helping out with all our kids in addition to our own. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment