Luke
I cannot believe L has started talking. Just recently he's started to repeat words we say, but only on his own terms.
For instance, the other night at dinner he clearly said, "Tank you" several times, but became mute when we brought the video camera out. Well, he did say, "Bah bah bah," and then he stuck his tongue out and blew spit toward the camera. Definitely our kid!
Today (several weeks ago, when I started this post) I was talking to him, saying, "Can you say Momma?" (4 or 5 times) and he babbled a few times loudly and the second I turned away he said, "Momma," just as clear as a bell, then gave me that innocent look when I turned his way. Little turkey!
He mastered 'duck' and 'quack' on our camping trip and also says, 'dog', 'pa' for paci, and several other words we cannot yet understand.
Jack
"I hurt my knee, Momma. Put a rubber band on it."
He and L got into my decorative grass in a milk can at the front door. They know they're not supposed to touch it, so I was getting on to J. "I was get-tin hay for Wixon." Oh, okay. (Wixon is his bouncing horse. And a real horse he rides sometimes at the Peters', but he was talking about the bouncing one.)
Yesterday he told me, "Happy birf day, Momma!" about 25 times and then asked, "Are you gonna blow out da cannels on you cake?"
L was sitting outside with his back to me, apparently eating something.
Me: "L, what are you eating?"
J: "He's eatin dog hay."
Oh, okay.
Walking out to the barn last week, J is about 15 ft in front of me. He turns around to face me.
J: "What's your deal, Momma?"
Me: "What?"
J: "What's your deal, Momma?"
Me: "What?"
After I had him repeat his unusual question about 5 times, I figured it out and was sure of what he was asking. I just have no idea why he asked this. The only thing I can figure out is that sometimes I'll ask, "What's your deal-io, yo?" just to be silly.
On that same trip to the barn, out of the blue, he informed me, "Snow comes from raindrops, Momma, remember that?"
Stepping out onto the patio yesterday afternoon, he pointed to a bone we'd bought for Chance, which he'd seen Chance chew on during our recent camping trip, and asked, "Is that Chance's tooth he spit out?" Where does he get this stuff?
Sunday as I was getting him out of his car seat he coughed right in my face. "Thank you, Jack, for coughing all over my face," I said. With a huge smile, he enthusiastically replied, "You're wel-crum, Momma!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment