To this
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with Luke, March 24th, 2009, just like it was yesterday. (And man am I glad to be way past 'yesterday!') After I stopped crying and pulled myself together, I immediately began researching double strollers.
Fast forward to November 7th, 2009. Luke was born at 9:51am, healthy and cute, cute, cute! Our little guy has been sweet and laid-back from the start. He never had a room at our first house and slept in a Moses basket in our closet. When we moved exactly one week later, he moved right into our new closet, where he slept for a few weeks before moving into his 'real' room. He has truly been a blessing every day since. :)
Some Things to Note About Sweet Luke
-Points to everything; When I get him out of his crib in the morning he'll point me all the way to the kitchen...just in case I've forgotten about breakfast, I guess
-Always throws his blankets and paci overboard when he wakes up
-Has such a deep, hearty laugh and squeals with excitement when he gets wound up. He's super ticklish, too!
-Is content to crawl and pretty much has no interest in walking-probably b/c he's super fast on all fours-but will walk behind his little push toy when we insist
-Smiles a lot :)
-Loves to cuddle and be held, especially by me-I LOVE this about my sweet boy!
-Jabbers baby talk all day, but has no words just yet
-Eats pretty much anything we put in front of him, except pears, and eats A LOT of food at every meal; we may or may not refer to him as the garbage disposal.
-Oh, and when we volunteered in the nursery at church last week, we were informed that L has to sit by himself (1 empty chair between him and the next kid) for snack time since he steals his neighbor's snacks. Apparently this has been going on for a while now.
-Still wants to sit in his bumbo in the kitchen while I cook
-Has what we call a 'gut' and just laughs and laughs when we tickle his gut; his little thunder thighs are equally as adorable!
-Sticks his hands out to me after every meal when he's done so I can wipe them
-Puts his head on my shoulder and makes sweet baby noises when he knows it's naptime
-Sleeps on his tummy 99% of the time
-Has the most expressive eyebrows!
-Gave up bottles at about 10 mos.
-Absolutely has to have his paci most of the time
-Is still a momma's boy-this makes my heart happy.
-Is perfect. Absolutely perfect. :)
Stats from His One-Year Check Up
-22.6 lbs (50th percentile)
-31.5 in long (90th percentile)
1 comment:
What a cutie Barb! I can't believe I haven't met him...can we come visit for a weekend?!?! haha...j/k...then you will be glad you don't have 3 children;)
Post a Comment