For several years I have told Brian that I would happily attend all home games if we purchased box seats...fully knowing that this proclamation would assure that I would NOT EVER have season football tickets.
Now, I do enjoy Aggie football on occasion. Like the couple of times we have been invited to sit in a box (Where food and drinks are served throughout the game, the bathrooms are nice and never crowed, and Reveille visits your very door to be petted and pose for photos.) and the year of the hurricane game (When the game was rescheduled for a Friday night-rare occurrence in itself-and we sat on the second deck, first row, with perfect weather...at least for the game.).
Seriously, I grew up attending Aggie games and am just a fair-weather fan. AKA: a 2 percenter.
This summer we got a great season ticket offer from some friends, which even I could not decline. Seats for the three of us are on the first deck with very good friends (one couple has a little girl who is Jack's age, so they can play together during the games) for a super low price.
Of course when this plan was hatched, I did not know I would be 7 months pregnant at the beginning of the season and that Baby Bowers would be due on the date of the TU game. So, I am now one of those 'crazy pregnant women' who everyone (or at least me) wonders why on Earth she trekked all the way across campus just to sit, sweat, and swell on a tiny bench seat in Kyle Field for 4+ hours. Once again, another chance to laugh at myself and my previous ideas about certain situations in which I would certainly never find myself. (Add the 'Why would anyone have two babies just 18 mos. apart?' to my list as well.)
Game summary: Jack was so good and had a great time. :) I enjoyed the game and escaped with both ankles still very visible and well-defined, and Brian was in hog-heaven with the win. Whoop!
5 comments:
How fun! I went several times when I was really, really pregnant with Isaiah. The last game I went to when pg with IKP was on a Saturday and I had IKP 3 days later. I was HUGE and had to trek up to the 2nd deck. I was walking faster than Mike for some reason and was having to tell him to hurry up. :) Good times!
You're hard-core! We'll see how long I last. :)
I'm with you on this one Barb! I love to watch some Aggie Football....from the comfort of my couch!:) Haven't been back for a game since we graduated....maybe someday.;) Way to go...you are a trooper! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby!
How about posting a picture of YOU so I can see your adorable 7 mo belly? No need to show ankles...
Hey hey...watch the 18 months apart comments. Our first 2 are 17 months apart!! Hee hee!:0 I hope you are doing well. I hope you get to come home quickly to rest for a few more weeks. I know your Mom and "Male nurse" are taking great care of you. :) Much Love!
Post a Comment