Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Bowers Update

For those of you who haven’t heard, I started having contractions on Friday night and was admitted to the hospital around 11pm. BB (Baby Bowers) looks great (Yea!), so it appears that I’m the problem here. :)

We’ve been here since then, trying different drugs to stop the contractions. Not much luck with that for the first few days, but we are peaceful about all that is going on. Thanks so much for all of the prayers.

We had an ultrasound this morning and BB measures around 33+ weeks, which is 2 weeks older than we’d thought, with estimated weight of 4-5 ½ lbs. Well, I’ve thought for a while that this one is a larger baby than Jack. No telling what size it could be 10 weeks from now! My doctor still thinks I’ll deliver early, but hopes to put off delivery until 36 weeks. That would be right around our move-in date to our new house. Ha! Anyway, praise God for good news.

I’ve been weaned off of the magnesium sulfate and my contractions have not returned yet. (I’ve been on that since Saturday and it has several unpleasant side effects, including but not limited to making it almost impossible to sleep. You know I'll gladly share all the gory details if you're interested, but out of respect for my "normal" friends, I'll leave them out of this post.)

I'll be monitored overnight and hopefully go home on oral meds in the morning with strict instructions to limit my activity. Boooo for limited activity, but it will be much easier to do than if I hadn't been introduced to all of the joys of a pre-term labor hospital stay. Don't want to repeat this experience. Lets just say that my experience with natural childbirth (no drugs) is nothing compared to this circus I've been in for only the last 3 days. Kudos to the women who don't jump right out of their hospital room window after only a few days of this.

We’re doing well. Mom is keeping Jack (and the dogs-major points there; Thanks, Mom!) and is taking care of us as well. Jody is standing by willing to do whatever and may come get Jack Thursday-Thanks, Jody! So, we’ll see what happens.

We greatly appreciate all the prayers and sweet messages and will keep everyone updated with any new news through the blog. Enjoy your evening!

3 comments:

Aunt Kathey said...

So glad to have this update and obviously BB just is ready to see this world or check out the big brother Jack. Our love and prayers are with you constantly and know I am ready to help in anyway possible. I can pack, move, babysit, take care of you, rock the baby, feed the dogs, yell at the dogs, try to walk the dogs, back to Jack, walk Jack, play with Jack, feed Jack, feed you oh I know FEED BRIAN! Now, perhaps I am in!
Love,
Aunt Kathey

not-your-cliche-mommy said...

This is the first I have heard. Thank you for the update we will keep you in our prayers! Glad everyone is Happy and Healthy! Can't wait to meet the Bowers Baby! Love Ya'll
Jenna, Zac, and Zane

http://not-your-cliche-mommy.blogspot.com/ is my blogsite if you would like to follow!

Perks said...

Oh! We'll be praying. Jack is always welcome to visit our house, too. Jude loves buddies to play with!