Poor thing hopped out of our ground cover when the mower went by. We put him in a shoebox and kept him inside until the mowing was done and luckily he didn't have a heart attack. I can only imagine if Jack had been older...lucky rabbit.
Monday, May 4, 2009
A Hare Scared
Brian found this little guy when he was mowing on Saturday.

Poor thing hopped out of our ground cover when the mower went by. We put him in a shoebox and kept him inside until the mowing was done and luckily he didn't have a heart attack. I can only imagine if Jack had been older...lucky rabbit.
Poor thing hopped out of our ground cover when the mower went by. We put him in a shoebox and kept him inside until the mowing was done and luckily he didn't have a heart attack. I can only imagine if Jack had been older...lucky rabbit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awww! This brings back one of my favorite childhood memories. My dad was mowing our backyard and found a tiny, orphaned bunny. He brought it inside and my mom put it in a huge pot (the one she used for canning). We fed and cared for it for a few weeks, then released it back into the wild. It was so exciting having a pet bunny (and I think my parents really enjoyed the "temporary" aspect of it's stay!)
Fun memory (and happy ending, which I like)! Apparently they're not easy to keep alive in captivity so good job with yours. :)
That brings up 2 memories for us. One was not a happy ending and involved the mower. Rickey felt like dirt but it was unavoidable. Nothing else to say about that. The other bunny was saved...sort of. I'll have to ask Rickey if it was Joshua or Caleb, but they were holding it and apparently, it looked like its eyes were about to bug out of its head. (I didn't actually get to witness this so I'm thinking it was probably Joshua and I was inside with Caleb)Anyway, quick teachable moment about gentleness. The bunny was let go, and no doubt ran far, far away! :)
Yeah for cameras! Love the pictures and the tidbits about life in the Bowers' home. Keep the posts coming!
Congrats on the new baby on the way! They are precious! Love Jack's shirt!
Post a Comment