Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy Morning

Today is one of the two days a week I get to keep our friends' sweet little girl. So, I was up early getting things done, including calling Verizon about our land line (which is completely down) and waiting for the Dish Network guy to get here to fix our DVR (Major emergency!).

Jack had been fed and was entertaining himself with various things around the house. Just as I was put on hold by Verizon I noticed that Jack was sitting in a pile of tiny star shaped pasta holding the empty bag. He had gotten into the pantry and pulled it off the bottom shelf. By the time I got the camera he had crawled out of the stars...but the evidence (bag) is in his hands!


Surprise, surprise, as soon as I had the broom in hand, customer service was available to take my call. I had to drop the broom, which Jack was quite interested in at that point, and continue the call. Luckily the problem was resolved quickly (Meaning tech support will be here sometime today between 8am and 9pm...hopefully.), the rep was very nice, and I was still able to snap this pic of Jack 'sweeping.'


Just as I was collecting a few stray stars, the Dish man knocked at the door. Perfect timing!

Side note: I have always wondered if service people ever actually make it to any one's house before mid afternoon. (You know how they always say, "We'll have someone there to check whatever sometime between 8 and 5." and for me it's a day of waiting and waiting and waiting until they finally call around 4:58 and say, "We're running behind so we'll be there around 6." or "We're going to have to reschedule for tomorrow between 8 and 5.") As of this morning I have actually had a service person at my house at before noon! Make that two-Verizon just arrived. Wow. Do I need anything else worked on???

No comments: