Wednesday, April 14, 2021

One Year Later (March '20)

What a year! So much has transpired over the past year and I find myself overwhelmed at the thought of updating the blog. But, if I don't, I'm not likely to remember a thing.

I'll get the sad part out of the way and tell you that Gimlet, our beloved milk goat we got at the beginning of the pandemic, died just a couple of weeks after she arrived; presumably due to a toxic weed. It was so so sad and took us all quite a while to recover. Her baby, Bluebonnet, became a bottle baby and we picked up tiny Daisy a week later so she would have a sister. They are both thriving (and still causing all manner of trouble you'd expect from bottle babies). Hopefully they'll be in the milk business next winter which means goat cheese for us!

Baby Daisy!



Baby Bluebonnet!
We had plenty of time on our hands to love on our bottle babies!
Their first night in the barn the kids couldn't stand the thought of them being alone so they slept with Daisy & Bluebonnet. Hots and I went out around 11:00pm to check on everyone and found what resembled the aftermath of a frat party scene. And all 5 kids were sound asleep!

L and Daisy
J w/ the goat girls plus Sage



No comments: