Monday, September 9, 2019

How is it already September?

Somehow we've completed THREE weeks of school, basically skipped the month of August as far as blogging goes and now that I think of it, I can't really remember much.  Ha!  Life is BUSY.

School is going great for everyone and, after some hesitation at starting Kindergarten, SK awoke the morning of her first day excited and has enjoyed every day since. 

Grandmama suggested a while back that perhaps her lack of excitement regarding school had something to do with her not being able to be in charge.  Accurate. 

L is enjoying his school where he's now one grade away from top of the ladder and J reports he loves "the freedom" and has even been making it to class with all of his supplies.  Thankful for a good start to the school year!

And for the first time in 11+ years I'm wild and free but somehow have managed to keep a FULL schedule each week.  I'm like those retired folks who say they're busier in retirement than when they worked! 

I have enjoyed getting some things done around our place and have finally become quite familiar with the tractor.  The first week I tore up the sidewalk between us and the cat lady since that path is one to nowhere.  It was satisfying work and I enjoyed the physical aspect of pulling up the cement and pavers.  Lots more to do and I'm looking forward to tidying the place this fall.

Here are a few things to note regarding the kids for your reading pleasure (& so I don't forget).

-On the way home from school one day L was telling a story and used a word we don't use.  I corrected him and we chatted briefly about words we use or don't, etc.  SK announced loudly from the back seat, "Sometimes I have bad words in my mouth but I tuck them way back in the back of my mouth."

-This evening L came in from collecting eggs, put the bucket on the counter, and then proceeded to pull THIRTEEN jalapeno peppers out of his boxer briefs.  Just when I started to think that he may be turning into a decent human being after YEARS of attempting to domesticate him, he pulls produce out of his undies. #boys

-J keeps up with current events and recently initiated a discussion with his social studies teacher about the happenings in Hong Kong.  They chatted a bit and then he asked her if she'd mind preparing a lesson for the class on the unrest.  (He recounted this last week to Kaydie, who told me.)

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

So funny! Luke will hopefully take your correction to heart because the "natural" consequences to carrying peppers in your boxers seems awfully painful. ;) And how about that, SK actually keeps some words way back in the back of her mouth. Who knew? ;)

Your kids are precious Barb. And regardless how often you are able to blog, you will always treasure the moments you do capture.

Anonymous said...

I understand completely SK need to be in charge. As a woman you hold lots of power and responsibility to organize a family and steer the ship.
Then you turn 70 and everyone just automatically relieves you of everything with the descriptive sentence is "You are old now" Aunt Kathey