Thursday, August 1, 2019

Spring Break Camping Trip

The second weekend of Spring Break was our first camping trip of 2019.  The park was small and the weather was cold.  Everyone but me was toasty at night, so that worked out well for them.

SK, L, & J (using their new camp chairs)
We hiked several miles and SK did great!
Hots & SK
lone bluebonnet 

The boys were all about their staffs.
:)

At one point the boys ran way down into this ravine to look at something which I cannot remember since I'm so far behind in posting.
SK didn't want to miss anything so she joined them.
Here's a cave, which was really neat!  An old ladder stood on one end, but it was way too rickety to be trusted.  Plus, the picture doesn't do it justice as it's very deep.

She did hop a ride once we got back to the pavement.
It was a blast, as always, and had been quite a while since we'd camped, allowing me to forget SK's super loud camping bathroom voice + comments that would make anyone blush.  We did survive but I'm not sure I'll ever do the whole shower experience with her again.  Ha ha!

No comments: