A couple of weeks ago Hots and I had a date night to the Hill Country Youth Orchestra fundraiser here in town. It's a great program that provides free instruments and lessons to youth in our town and surrounding areas.
Robert Earl Keen always sings, the orchestra plays (I think there are 150 students who participate in the HCYO), and this year Mr. Keen invited Ricky Skaggs.
It was just fabulous! My absolute favorite music is '70s and '80s country (which can be proven by my Spotify list) and I was ecstatic to hear Ricky Skaggs here in Kerrville.
He didn't disappoint-neither did the orchestra or REK. He played several songs with the orchestra and it was just beautiful. I think my favorite part was the last song-Canaan Land-all acoustic.
For the first 30 minutes I pondered how he worked out his boot situation. Did he somehow get his skinny jeans over the boots? Were they the short western boots I'd always wondered who would wear? Was his circulation in peril? And how would he peel those things off?
He didn't seem bothered by the jean situation and the night was just great. So many talented musicians and we got to watch and listen to beautiful music at a reasonable volume from padded armchair seats. #oldandproudofit
We love our community and are so thankful to have people who invest in our youth. Here's to Mr. Keen!
No comments:
Post a Comment