Thursday, February 15, 2018

Vodka...err...Cherry Coke

Last night our church hosted a lovely Valentine's Day dinner; complete with entertainment and an Italian supper. 

I was certain the lasagna would be the highlight of the evening until, during a game similar to the Newlywed Game but with moms and their sons, J was asked, "What is your mom's favorite food?" to which he replied after a brief pause, "Can I tell you her favorite drink instead?"

Thankfully they did not allow him to share that information and since I was out of the room I was able to avoid turning beet red in front of our church family.  I was told by many people after the game that laughter erupted and everyone got a kick out of it.

This morning over breakfast I casually asked J what he would say is my favorite drink.

"Cherry Coke."

Phew!  

I'll close this post with a plea for help.  On the way home from practice tonight L asked me to "turn on some Justin Bieber," whose name I had to google to spell correctly.  Is this fixable??

No comments: