Halloween kicked off with the Pumpkin Parade at the boys' school. It's a fun tradition that's been going on for many years and involves decorating a pumpkin if they'd like and then parading through the cafeteria where parents can watch them before having a look at their pumpkins.
Part I: Painting Pumpkins
This year I decided to step it up in the pumpkin parade department after last year's pitiful entries by the Bowers kids due to no involvement whatsoever by their parents.
It was quite obvious all I'd done was provide the pumpkins and open the paint containers. Both pumpkins were covered with various colors of mixed paint.
This year I had a plan! It was important to me that the boys do their own work and that it not be complicated. Fortunately for me, Pinterest provided lots of options and we settled on an Angry Birds theme, complete with three different birds so SK could participate as well.
I happened to be at a little venue for a girls' night where they had pumpkins for sale so I bought the boys' there and planned to pick one of those tiny ones up at Walmart or HEB for SK.
But when I checked into that they only came in bags of 5-6 and cost more than I wanted to pay so I somehow sold SK on the idea of an apple instead which actually worked out much better, as it was easier to paint.
A Xanax would've been helpful as it is not my idea of a relaxing time having three kiddos paint anything though I will say they did a great job and no clothing was ruined and I'll probably paint with them again. :)
This is why I mentioned Xanax. J is painting his hand. With red paint. Apparently L was not present when I told J that was not a good idea and asked him not to do it again since L painted his on day 2.
The kids each painted their pumpkins the color of his or her angry bird, then I drew the faces on, they painted those, and I touched them up. We were all happy with the finished product! (L's is yellow, J's is red, and SK's is the little green one.)
Here are our inspiration birds.
The kids were pretty proud of their work!
Part II: Pumpkin Parade
J came through first and was a storm trooper. (Yea for a store-bought costume!)
J with his best friend, C.
Me with my favorite storm trooper!
Then L's class came in. He was Eli Shane from Slugtera (an animated series). His was my project costume this year and if you remember the episode of Cosby where Denise makes a replica of a designer shirt for Theo then you'll understand when I tell you that is exactly what happened with L's Eli Shane shirt. It looked so easy in the 4 step Pinterst post... But L was happy with it!
My favorite Eli Shane. :)
Part III: SK's Fun Day
SK had a fun day at her school where we played games and did fall crafts indoors because of the weather.
SK has some of the sweetest friends. R loves her sooooo much!
Part IV: Trick-or-Treat
Our sweet friends invited us over for pizza and Trick-or-Treating in their neighborhood and we sure did enjoy our time with them.
SK was Doc McStuffins and her costume was compiled from various places. Kaydie provided her lab coat and the other pieces came from Goodwill and Walmart.
Eli Shane with his weapon (which we didn't let him take to school for the parade).
J, L, & SK ready to hit the street!
The whole crew
And they're off!
Hots & SK
As always, we had two stops to make after trick-or-treating with our friends.
First stop, Grandmama's!
Then to Kaydie's!
Fun Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw SK's pumpkin at Thanksgiving, but didn't know the history. She was proud of it. If only the post had made it up before Thanksgiving. She did a great job as did the J & L.
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment