This handsome guy turned NINE on the 12th and I can hardly stand it. I finally did the chalkboard a couple of days late only to have him point out, "You put eight." "What?" "You put eight and I'm nine." "Well how about we just pretend you're still eight for the next year. That'll be better for me." (laughs) "No."
Stats:
-62.5 lbs
-4'8" tall
-He wants to be a cowboy in Alaska when he grows up.
J keeps us on our toes with his quick wit-the boy is hilarious-and his curiosity about all things science. He loves to read, enjoys being outside, runs on his rock wall daily, is so caring toward his brother and sister, loves his church and church family, and has really enjoyed his Third Grade year of school.
Speaking of Third Grade, last week I told the boys I'd bring them Chick-fil-a for lunch one day. L was thrilled and J said, "I'm sorry, Momma, but already have plans." "You have lunch plans?" "Yeah. I didn't know you were planning to come have lunch with me and I have plans. I'm eating with Mrs. Johnson today and I'm planning to have lunch with Mrs. B and Mrs. G as well. I can probably cancel something next week if you want to come then."
Time out. Am I the only one who had the exact same lunch plan from Kindergarten through 12th grade that involved eating in the school cafeteria every single school day for thirteen years?? How does my third grader not have room in his lunch schedule for Momma and especially for Chick-fil-a?
He's also our kid who excitedly told me about the packet of enrichment activities he was given yesterday at school to "help me take the next step to Fourth Grade." Pretty sure I would've cried about it or "lost" it somewhere between school and home. No way was I doing work during summer vacation, but this boy, he's pretty special. :)
We are so proud of J and know he will go places and do big things! We love him more every day and continue to have so much fun with this guy. God has definitely blessed us with him. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment