Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chicken Update

Today we worked outside for several hours so I put the chickens in the garden.  They were hesitant at first, but eventually ventured farther from their coop (which is right on the outside of the garden; we'll have a chicken tunnel that leads directly from their coop to the garden soon).
The girls have grown and I think they're so pretty.
They're a lot of fun to watch
and, yes, they all have names.
I'm afraid I've become a crazy chicken lady.  Who is still buying eggs from the store, I remind them daily.
Hots is threatening to repurpose them, but they aren't concerned.  He likes them, too.  :)
Last week I picked up two more barred rocks.  (I may have a problem.)  I wasn't sure about letting them out at this age-the other chickens have never been out before today-but I decided to try it and they followed me around for quite a while as I worked in the garden.  Then I noticed my six dollar investments were no longer on my heels.  After a quick search I found them back in the coop.  
The chickens continue to be low maintenance and fun for the kids and us!

No comments: